Tuesday 5 January 2010

Snowed in. Essentially.

Well, I tried to go to work. Walked to the end of the track, defrosted car, slid up a very icy road to the motorway, went one junction, heard the forecast for Wigan, Manchester, and home, and turned round. It's now snowing so heavily I can't see the other side of the valley, and my footprints have vanished.

We might have got to work (though I'm not sure about the last bit of Liz's journey), but I'm not utterly sure we'd have got back in. Even with no extra snow, the last bit of driving is deeply unpleasant. Apparently Calderdale Council is running low on rock salt, and is having to prioritize roads for clearing---this is unlikely to include the road our track leads onto.

Bit of a pain, as I had things I wanted to do today, and I also wanted to go into the city centre to visit the bank, M&S, and Moss Bros (to book my suit for Hazel & Alex's wedding); and Tesco on the way home for some bits and pieces. Never mind...we've enough food for a bit, at least! It was more important that I get in yesterday: I'm in the cross-over between two jobs, working part-time at both, and there was a staff training day at the new job that was useful yesterday. The old job would rather like me to make it in tomorrow, but we'll see how that pans out.

No comments:

Post a Comment