Sunday 23 May 2010

Himalayan Garden

We spent the morning at the Himalayan Garden in Grewelthorpe, near Ripon. It's only open for a short period (late April-mid June), and has a fairly specialized theme of planting. It's got the soil (ericaceous) and aspect (protected and northerly) to concentrate on azaleas, camellias, bamboo, magnolias, and rhododendrons. And wonderful they are, too. Some really striking rhododendrons, and magnificent ground covering azaleas. We also found a couple of bamboos we liked (Chusquea culeou and Arundinaria nitida). I have some photos, which I might put up once I've downloaded the memory card...

Bakingly hot, too, so it was fortunate that the caravan had many windows to create a breeze! Everything seemed in order, with just a few repairs (second-hand caravan) needed, and a short list of supplies that need adding.

My irrigation components arrived on Friday, incidentally: I'm really impressed that they got to me so quickly, having ordered them on Thursday! I hope to get it installed over the Bank Holiday weekend, with a little luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment