Sunday 6 June 2010

Weekend to Plan

I'm as astounded as anyone: the weekend went, pretty much, to plan. Yesterday we installed the irrigation system. It's about 30 360º sprinklers, and four 90º sprinklers (in the strawberry bed). Not quite perfect, as a few strawberries are being missed, and some of the potatoes/onions aren't being reached, but the permanent fruit bushes are all covered. This week is now forecast to be rather wet, so it won't actually be put properly to the test for a while, but it's good that it's in. I also laid a hose down the side of the garden (hidden behind the shrubs/trees/undergrowth at the edge) from which to water by hand, or attach the irrigation. When I have time, and possibly in stages, I'll install the new outside tap and move the existing tap.

We've also prepared for the double glazing installation, which starts tomorrow. All the windowsills have been cleared, and furniture moved from in front of the windows (including some pots from outside the windows). I'm really hoping it'll go smoothly, but we're not going to be present while they get on, so I'm a bit nervous...

(Oh, and to boot: I mowed the lawn on Thursday!)

No comments:

Post a Comment