Wednesday 3 August 2011

Wish-List

A plant was shown on a Gardeners' World we were watching tonight (though it's actually from a couple of months ago), and it rather caught my eye. One for the wish-list, I think. It's the South African night-scented phlox (though not a phlox), Zaluzianskya ovata or capensis.

They both have red-backed, white-faced flowers that open slightly in the morning, close in the full sun of day, and re-open in the evening when they're heavily fragrant. I think a drift in a rock garden would be very pretty.


Zaluzianskya capensis by Sericea.

Today is also the second anniversary of us moving into the cottage; I had hoped, whimsically, to time the 200th post with today, which would have worked if I'd got out into the garden last night, and had something to report. Never mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment