Sunday 7 February 2016

Endings

Sadly, the wheels have rather come off the train here. After many years together, Liz and I have decided to separate. The hiatus in posting since January is because there's not been a lot I wish to write about. As there's no way for either of us to keep the house on our own, we shall have to sell up in the near future, so there will be some sort of break to my writing here, although I hope to return to it in another, new garden.

It's been a pleasure to document the work we've done on the house and garden here, and it's formed a continual record of the seven years (this August). The changes have been considerable, and I, we, have learnt a great deal. Aside from the personal loss of the relationship, it's obviously devastating to think that I'll lose the house and garden that we've poured so much time and effort in to.

I shall be continuing to finish the house remodel and redecoration that's been ongoing, to bring the house to saleable state. Similarly, the garden will need maintaining, and in fact there will be at least some final development done, because we ordered material last autumn for a fence along the herb garden that I shall construct, rather than waste it.

I'll probably continue to write about this work, although the focus now is, sadly, on short-term things. There's no point planning, any more, for fruit trees and more ponds up the hillside, or a tree house, or, one day, extending the garden into the field below, as these dreams will remain just that.

I hope that I shall find somewhere with a garden that needs a gardener's hand, and continue recording my work in building a home there.

No comments:

Post a Comment