Monday 10 July 2017

Oxford

Yes, I know. It's been months and months since I last posted. I've got a few draft posts, that I need to fill out some details and add photos, before I put them up—but there'll still be a gap. I blame life.

Anyway: it's been a busy first half of 2017. This weekend was no exception: we were at home for two day, and in Oxford for two, staying with Katherine as she and Liz had a work thing on Monday. I had the day to myself, wandering round Oxford, which was good fun. I covered over thirteen miles, walking round the city and getting to know it, and was pretty foot-sore by the end.

The two days at home were fairly busy: some plastering, some beehive building (aided by a nailgun that Liz ordered for me, which makes the building considerably faster.


Magdalen College (© Ian 2017)



Ceiling in Magdalen College (© Ian 2017)



Gargoyles along Longwall Street (© Ian 2017)



Rose garden in University Botanic Gardens (© Ian 2017)



Wesley Memorial Methodist Church (© Ian 2017)



Oxford Castle (© Ian 2017)



Christ Church gardens  (© Ian 2017)



Brasenose College (I think!) (© Ian 2017)



Radcliffe Camera (© Ian 2017)



The Bridge of Sighs (© Ian 2017)



The Sheldonian Theatre (© Ian 2017)



The Natural History Museum (© Ian 2017)



Observation beehive in Natural History Museum (© Ian 2017)



Keble College (© Ian 2017)



The Saxon Tower of St Michael by the North Gate (© Ian 2017)



Faculty of History (© Ian 2017)

No comments:

Post a Comment