Thursday 22 April 2010

First Mowing of the Year

Having had several fine days in a row, and realising that my lawn/moss patch was in need of attention, I've taken the opportunity to try out the new lawn-mower.

All-in-all, I'm rather happy with the mower.* It did a really good job of collecting the clippings, and changing the blade height was quite straightforward. Nothing can change the fact that there's a lot of grass to mow, but the 90 minutes walking up and down wasn't really too bad. And it even looks a bit neater now.

While the purists might suggest I should cut it twice-per-week during growing season, I really don't see me having the time, much less the inclination. If I have that much time to spend in the garden, I'll be devoting it elsewhere.

* As ever, the Amazon link, should you follow it and buy, will earn me a commission. I like to note this, from time to time. They're useful for me, as they provide quite a neat summary of a Thing that I'm talking about. And any such earnings will be spent on horticultural, photographic, or gustatory pastimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment