Friday 6 November 2009

Cold Weather Closing In

It's been another cold and grey day, although fortunately one with electricity. I had hoped for a reasonable weekend (an optimism supported by the outlook), but the forecast changed a few hours ago to being wet tomorrow, although still reasonable on Sunday. Digging new fruit beds isn't really much fun in the rain, so we'll have to see if that happens. However, it might be dry enough to countenance putting out some bulbs (which is another necessary job)---and the temperature on Saturday night is expected to be negative, so I should also make sure that anything tender is tucked up before nightfall.

There're a few fuchsias that are tender, though we try to keep mostly hardy varieties. Other than that, we're going to need to wander round and check everything. I'll probably pop a list up on here, in fact, for reference.

I'm also working on a map/plan of the garden to post. I'm working from an aerial photo (from Google Maps), but I'm overlaying it with the changes we've made since the last fly-by, and the changes we have planned (in more or less detail). The aerial photo's actually quite recent, and I can date it quite precisely, as it was taken between me cutting the first half of the lawn, and finishing the second half, for the first time after we moved in. It's therefore in a window in late August, which is quite neat.

Lastly, I've played with the blog header, and managed to make it randomly load a different image. I've only set four pictures up, but I intend to increase the number. They're all crops of my photos, and currently all plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment